CALIFORNIA COAST RED SNAPPER CEVICHE
with Toybox Tomatoes, Cucumber, Rainbow Radishes, Yuzu Juice, Baby Cilantro, and Bubu Arare
Created by Chef Bellec
Yield 4 portions
- 1 lb – Red snapper fillet (skin off – pinned bon off) – ½ inch diced
- 1 pint – Toybox cherry tomatoes – washed and halved
- 5 – Baby Persian cucumber – ½ inch diced
- 5 – Red Breakfast radishes or Watermelon Radishes – sliced very thin with a mandolin
- ½ cup – Yuzu juice (if not available use fresh lime juice)
- ¼ cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons -Low sodium soy sauce 3 tablespoons
- 3 pinches – Fresh sea salt
- 3 pinches – Fresh crack black pepper
- 1 – Fresh Thai red chili – thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro seedling (whole) for garnish
- Fresh cilantro – chopped
- ½ cup – Bubu arare (Japanese rice cracker bits) – for garnish
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- Cut red snapper fillet in ½ inch dice – keep on ice while cutting.
- Cut toy box cherry tomatoes in half – keep different sizes and shape with horizontal and vertical cuts. Set aside.
- Sliced with a mandoline slicer very thin slices of radishes – keep on icy water. Set aside.
- Diced 1/8 inch by 1/8 inch baby cucumber.
- Cut red Thai chili into thin slices.
- Chopped the fresh cilantro. Set aside.
- In a stainless-steel bowl (or glass bowl – bit not aluminum) kept on ice mix together the snapper, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, yuzu juice, chopped cilantro, chili, salt & pepper, and soy sauce. Let marinate for at least 2 hours on ice in your refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, place ceviche in a chilled bowl, and add on top the fresh cilantro seedlings and the rice crisps.