ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH HUMMUS
Created by Chef Bellec
Yield 12 servings
- 1 ¼ lbs butternut squash – peeled and diced 1 inch
- 3 tablespoons Bricoleur Vineyards extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 12.5 oz canned chickpeas – washed/rinsed
- ½ cup organic Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 2 whole fresh squeezed lemons
- 4 teaspoon minced garlic – or use a micro plane
- 1 teaspoon siracha or hot chili sauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- toasted pita or freshly grilled bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Place the butternut squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the cinnamon, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and maple syrup. Toss with your hands and spread the squash out in one layer on the pan.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until tender, and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of squash for the garnish and transfer the rest to the bowl of a food processor (Vitamix). Add the chickpeas, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, Sriracha, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, and pulse until coarsely processed but not pureed. Add 1/4 cup of the reserved chickpea liquid and pulse a few times to combine. If the hummus is too thick, add more liquid a few tablespoons at a time. Taste for seasonings, transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with the reserved butternut squash, drizzle with extra virgin olive serve at room temperature with toasted pita bread or grilled baguettes.