Grilled Lemongrass-Ginger BBQ Sauce Lobster Tail
GRILLED LEMONGRASS-GINGER BBQ SAUCE LOBSTER TAIL
Created by Chef Bellec
Yield 4 portions
- 1 cup Gochujang – red chili paste (Haechandle brand)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3.5 oz. Hoisin sauce
- 1.5 oz. shredded lemongrass (micro plane)
- 1.5 oz. GRs diced shallots
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic (micro plane)
- 1/3 cup Bricoleur Vineyards extra virgin olive oil
- 4 – 1.5 lbs lobsters
- 2 tablespoon – chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon – chopped chives
- Mixed Gochujang (red chili paste), lemon juice, sesame oil, hoisin, brown sugar, and garlic in a bowl.
- Sauteed shallots and lemongrass until soft (light coloration), cool down, and mix with a mixture – set aside
- Steam or boil whole lobster tails for 8 minutes and shock in ice – remove shells from tails and claws and set aside
- Brush tails and claws with BBQ sauce and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour
- On top of a hot grill – grill lobster tails for 2 minutes on each side. And claws for 1 minute.
- When done brush more BBQ sauce, plate individually each tail on a plate, sprinkle with parsley and chives, and add grilled lime halves as a garnish – serve immediately.