Isabella’s Snickerdoodle Cookies
Recipe by: Isabella Cirelli
Snickerdoodle cookies are the delicious harmony of sweet, salty, buttery, and tangy goodness. These cookies are easy to make and a sure crowd-pleaser.
Snickerdoodles are the perfect sweet treat for parties, bake sales, late-night snacks, and much more. We paired this popular dessert with our “Flying by the Seat of Our Pants” North Coast Brut because the deep and rich, yet thoroughly refreshing flavors on the palate complement the lusciously soft cookies beautifully.
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup to 1 cup of sugar for the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon for the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Handheld Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Plate or Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Cooling Rack
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly, add your dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until well coated.
- If you have time, refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 F degrees. Do not overbake.
Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies.