Recipe by: Chef Evan Castro
Tis’ the Season! Get in the Holiday Spirit and Cook with Santa.
Holiday baking is such fun activity for the whole family. We have the inside scoop on Santa’s favorite sweet treats. So follow along and bake the perfect cookie to give Santa on Christmas Eve. Enjoy!
Holiday Sugar Cookie Cups Ingredients:
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (half a pod of fresh vanilla works also)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup red and green sprinkles
- 6oz. of Hershey candy cane kisses
- 2 Muffin tins
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a mixing bowl mix, all your dry ingredients then set aside
- In a stand mixer combine the sugar and softened butter starting on speed 1 and then slowly increasing to the highest speed until everything is creamed together and looks whipped.
- Then add in the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Once they are combined then you slowly add in your dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the sprinkles in next and combine, your dough should be a uniformed smooth mass and be able to hold its shape.
- Grease your muffin tin, then spoon in cookie dough mixture into each muffin tin (2oz). Only fill the half to three-quarters of the way.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until they begin to brown on the top.
- Once they have slightly browned, take the Hershey kisses and stick them into the center of each cookie and press down on the kisses. You only want the kisses about a quarter into the cookie dough
- Then let your cookies cool and remove them from the muffin tin and enjoy!
Holiday Magic Bar Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6oz.) bag of chocolate morsels
- 1 (3.5oz.) can shredded coconut
- 2 cups crushed peppermint candies
- 13×9 baking dish (glass or metal)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Then line your baking dish with parchment paper (if using a non-stick baking dish then just use non-stick spray to prevent these from sticking).
- Then in a pot add butter and heat until it is melted, be careful not to brown the butter. Then add in your graham cracker and mix until combined.
- Take the graham cracker mixture and press it into your baking dish until a crust is formed.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crust then the chocolate morsels, coconut, and peppermint on top and press down firmly. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let the bars cool slightly then cut and put on to a plate to cool entirely so that they don’t stick to the pan.