Snowman Pizzas with Santa
Recipe by: Chef Evan Castro
Snowman Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of lukewarm water
- 1 packet of active dry yeast
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shredded mozzarella (cubed mozzarella will work too)
- Marinara sauce
- Rolling pin
- Sheet tray
- Pizza cutter (knife in place of the cutter)
- Stand mixer
- Small bowl or pyrex measuring glass
1. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Mix water(lukewarm), sugar, and yeast together. Make sure water isn’t boiling or to hot because this will result in killing the yeast. Let sit for 8 min
2. Once the yeast is ready, in the bowl of your stand mixer add flour, salt, and oil inside the bowl. Then add in the yeast and all the liquid start the mixer on speed one. Once everything begins to mix slowly increase the speed to 5 and let mix until a dough ball is formed and it pulls from the sides of the bowl cleanly. Once the ball is formed put it into a well-oiled bowl (metal or glass works great). Let it rise for 1 hour and a half.
3. Gently punch down the dough and divide in half cover with a tea towel and let it rest for another 20 minutes
4. Lightly flour your work surface and with a rolling pin roll your dough out into a circle.
5. Transfer your dough onto an oiled sheet pan with a light dusting of cornmeal to help from sticking. Then add sauce and spread to the edges leaving a one-inch space between sauce and crust. Then add your pepperoni followed by as much cheese as desired.
6. Then bake at a 500-degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until a golden-brown crust is achieved and the cheese is melted.