Lomi Lomi Salmon
Created by Chef Thomas Bellec
- Half-pound fresh salmon center loin, boneless and skinless.
- Two medium-ripe tomatoes
- One large sweet onion – Maui onion
- Six stalks green onion
- 2 oz ogo seaweed
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ tablespoons Hawaiian Alaea sea salt
- Dice the fresh salmon ½ inch by ½ inch, add Hawaiian sea salt, and mix well – set aside in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Dice all the ingredients (tomatoes, onions, green onions, seaweed) separately. You want small, bite-sized pieces ½ inch by ½ inch.
- Put it all together into a big bowl
- Gently knead the ingredients together until well-mixed. There is no need to salt or season because the salmon is already salted. Add lime juice according to taste and add hot sauce if you would like.
- Eat and enjoy!