Curried Crab Salad with Granny Smith Apple
Created by Chef Thomas Bellec
- ½ cup fresh crab meat – squeeze out the water
- ½ tablespoons thin chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons lime zest – use a micro plane
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- ½ tsp black ground pepper
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 Granny Smith Apple – skin on and diced
- ½ tablespoon Madras curry powder
- Fill up a bowl with ice and add an empty bowl on top – add crab meat (picked and drained)
- Add mayonnaise, chopped chive, lime zest, lime juice, curry powder, sriracha, pepper, and salt – mix by hand until fully integrated.
- Add diced green apple & check seasoning accordingly.
- Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.